Friday, April 8, 2016

Creativity flows....................

WOW!  I love when the creativity flows!  I spent the morning writing a first draft of a story that
started with a prompt. The prompt I chose was: " How many objects are colored red in nature.  Boyd searches and searches and finds an amazing variety." 

The prompt came from a book I recently got on loan from the Amazon Prime library: Writing Children's Books: 1001 Creative Prompts for Stories Kids Will Love by Anthony D. Fredericks.  Fredericks is a well known author of science and nature based children's books.  He has also authored books for teachers and parents.

I  found that having a prompt to start from was a fun way to get my "story wheels" and fingers moving!

Have you used story prompts?
How did it work for you?
How did you come up with the prompt?

Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped  by. 

Write.........Write..........Write

KB



No comments:

Post a Comment